I was enjoying a lovely afternoon at home when I decided to make the day even lovelier by whipping up a sweet treat. Inspired by an Instagram photo posted by my childhood friend @coachb308 aka Shelley Bishop, I set about to satisfy my sweet tooth. I scrounged around in my kitchen cupboards and pulled out the necessary ingredients to make Extra Rich ‘N Chewy Brownie Bites (I just made that name up. I know, I know, not incredibly original but whatever…I digress). Here’s what to do:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini cupcake/muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Mix together the oil and vanilla and beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl pour in the sugar, then sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- With your mixer on low speed, gradually stir the egg/oil/vanilla mixture into the sugar/flour/etc mixture until well blended.
- Spoon in about one tablespoon of the batter into each muffin cup in the prepared pan. I like to use The Pampered Chef’s Small Scoop and Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan.
- It took 12-13 minutes in my oven, so watch these little dudes very closely as to not over bake them. Mini hockey pucks aren’t very rich ‘n chewy.
These would also be delicious with a pecan on top of each one or some powdered sugar sprinkled on top. Let me know if you make some!