Fresh Tomato Salsa
*Adapted from Pampered Chef recipe.*I highly recommend Pampered Chef’s Manual Food Processor – it’s sooo fabulous!
Cast of characters:
- 1 small onion
- A couple of green onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- All the juice from one large lime, squeezed out with a citrus press. PC has a fabulous one.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, divided
- Cut onion into quarters. Roughly chop up green onions. Cut jalapeño crosswise into thirds. Combine onions, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt in food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Add half of the tomatoes; process until coarsely chopped, stop chopping and scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Add remaining tomatoes; chop to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips, spread onto enchiladas, etc. Delicioso!
This is really hard so pay close attention.
Salsa from above recipe
Now do this:
- Peel and pit two large, ripe avocados. Cream/mash them in a bowl with a potato masher or wooden spoon or whatever.
- Add 4 -5 Tbsp of Fresh Salsa from above.
- Mix well.
- Eat with chips and/or spread on your Big Girl Grilled Cheese
- Smack yourself out of delirium.