Isn’t a grilled cheese sandwich just the most tasty, comforting, enjoyable thing? Well, I added two more tasty, comforting, enjoyable ingredients to a simple grilled cheese. Superlative satisfaction!
- I fried two slices of bacon to a crisp in the cast iron skillet, then set them aside. (Pork! Not Brad’s turkey bacon.)
- I sliced off a couple of slabs of Italian loaf from the Kroger deli.
- I melted a generous portion of butter in the same cast iron skillet.
- Soaked both sides of the bread slices in the butter, then left them in the skillet to brown.
- I sliced off two rectangles of Sharp Cheddar and quickly warmed them on the skillet before putting them on one slice of bread.
- After the bread became golden brown, and the cheese became gooey, I moved them to a plate, and stuck the bacon on the melt-y cheese.
- Now here’s the best part: I spread an obscene amount of homemade guacamole on the lonely piece of bread. (For guacamole recipe click this linky.